Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sam



Last but not least, Sam. Sam is a wonderful husband and a fantastic dad. He loves his girls and we love him. Especially Sarah who has taken to calling him her "best buddy". He is the calm center of our sometimes crazy life. Not much ever bothers Sam. He is extremely patient and never holds a grudge. One of the many things that I love about Sam is that he is willing to try new things, especially new recipes. He watches something on the Food Network and has to give it a try. This is why I can never give up cable television. This past August we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. I am so grateful that he chose me to spend his life with. I am looking forward to many more happy years to come.

Sam has been busy this summer training for several races. He did the Ogden half marathon in the spring, then he did Ragnar Wasatch Back relay and then in the fall he raced in Lotoja. We were extremely grateful to my sister Cindy for taking the girls while Sam raced in Lotoja. I am also grateful to our friends Wayne and Tracy Callister for helping me out and being part of Sam's support crew. I could not have made it through without them. Sam didn't finish the race but he made it all the way from Logan to Afton, Wyoming and would have kept going if he hadn't missed the cut off time. He is already talking about next years race and this time we will be better prepared.


We love you Sam.






Sam took Sarah camping a couple of times this summer. They got to ride horses at the stake Father and Daughter campout.






Here is Sam before Lotoja.

Our amazing support crew.




At the start of the race.






And this is after he made it to Afton. He looks pretty pumped up for next years race.

No comments:

Post a Comment