Monday, September 6, 2010

Ragnar 2010

Sam ran in the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay again this year. His friend Chad invited him to be on his team again and then Sam brought in a couple of friends. They had a great time and all did really well. This time I vowed I was going to be prepared. We had Sam's cousin Ryan's daughter Stephanie staying with us that week and she was great to help with the girls. We went and bought poster board and made signs for the girls to hold and we decorated the car windows to cheer Sam on. His first leg of the race was in Liberty and was Friday afternoon. We packed some snacks and put the girls in the car and drove out there. We found this nice grassy spot at an LDS church right alongside the route and we sat and ate food and waited for Sam to come. I pulled out my camera to get some shots of him coming down the road and I realized that I had left my battery at home on the charger. I couldn't believe. I took a few pictures of the girls holding their signs with my cell phone camera and as soon as I figure out how to get them on the computer I'll update those.

The next day we drove up to Park City to see them at the finish line. Sam was in van 1 so they had already finished and had the opportunity to go a condo that Chad had rented and showered. The families met up with the runners at the Ruby Tuesday in Park City for some food and then we were to head over to the Canyons Resort for the big finish. Brilliant that I am, I locked my keys in the trunk of my car at the restaurant. We had to call Sam's dad and have him come up with an extra set of keys. I really appreciate him bailing me out and then he got to come along to the finish line.


The Friends and Family Plan at the finish line

I forgot to take pictures of the car when it was all decorated but Sam wouldn't let me wash off the back window until I got a picture. It took me several weeks before I finally pulled my camera out and snapped a picture of it. Yes, I drove around everywhere with this on the back of my car. I got some funny looks and a few questions.


One of the vendors at the finish line gave away smoothies. The girls loved them especially since it was very hot that day. Here they are trying to get every last drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment