Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sarah's spring dance recital





Sarah loves her dance class. She told me one day that dance was WAY more fun than preschool. This past spring they had their big dance recital and she couldn't wait. She drove me crazy for hours before the recital asking if she could get dressed yet. I finally told her she could get dressed and then she spent the rest of the time complaining about her collar hurting her. We would leave the collar undone until she had to go onstage and then hurry and do it up then undo it again in between numbers. She was so excited to have both sets of grandparents there. We are so lucky to live close to both our parents and they are always there to support us and our kids. Sarah did a wonderful job at the recital and was so cute. There is nothing quite like watching a group of three and four year olds up on stage trying to remember what to do. I love it and I'm so glad that Sarah has had the chance to do this.


This was taken at the dress rehearsal. I just love her expression.




The big finale with all the classes. 
 The two girls behind Sarah in the cute hats are Sarah's friends Olivia and Paige. She wasn't able to be in the same class but at least at the finale they were standing together.

Because I am so far behind on my posts, Sarah has already started taking dance again this fall.  She loves it again but is very put out because there is another Sarah in her class.  She thinks that she should be the only one and can't understand why parents would give their kids her name.  I've tried to explain and told her that it's such a beautiful name that other people like it too. I'm afraid she better get used to it. Sometime in the future she will have another Sarah in a school class and I'm thinking that she will have to be known as "Sarah H" I guess that's the price we pay for going with a classic name and spelling it traditionally. Good luck with that my Sarah H.

No comments:

Post a Comment